It is needless to say that kids like drawing and coloring activities. At an early age, they grab their pencils and start drawing on the walls and on the floors to showcase their creativity. Therefore, you can provide a platform for them to explore their talent for drawing and coloring. The best way would be to provide them with worksheets that help them learn to draw the images systematically. Sometimes, they might not know how to draw the shape and intricate designs of the images. In such cases, you can help your child learn to draw by connecting the dots on the images.
These worksheets consist of images with dots on the boundaries that help kids connect them to give desired features to illustrated images. Moreover, it enables children to join one dot to another systematically to complete the image on the worksheet. These connect the dots worksheets are highly beneficial in enhancing the drawing skills of children. Practicing worksheets enable them to become proficient in drawing. You can also include numbers alongside dots to help children locate and connect them easily. At the beginning of their learning phase, you can provide them with simple images and gradually increase the difficulty level based on their progress.
Besides teaching drawing to kids, you can also enhance their numerical and alphabetical knowledge. While connecting dots, kids tend to count the numbers or recite the alphabet in order. They learn to make connections with one another systematically. Kids learn to draw things quite easily if they are given the opportunity to draw what they like. This develops their interest in drawing. You can use images of any theme they like, for example, animals, festivals, flowers, birds, fruits, cartoons, etc. It would be great if you could choose themes related to the occasion or the things that you want them to learn. This helps them gain knowledge of new things and develop their artistic skills.
Tips for Using Worksheets to Learn Drawing
Little ones need attention while teaching them how to connect the dots on the images. They need to learn how to hold the pencils with a grip and gently connect the lines on the worksheets. They must learn to follow the numbers or alphabetical order to get desired features of the image they are drawing. A few tips for using worksheets to learn drawing for children are mentioned below.
- Choose images for kids to learn drawing by connecting the dots on the worksheets.
- Keep it simple and understandable for kids.
- Provide clear instructions on how to connect the dots on the worksheets.
- Ask kids to start connecting the dots in an organized way.
- Teach kids to follow the dots in numerical or alphabetical order.
- Provide stationery items for kids to practice connecting the dots on the images.
- Ask kids to connect one dot to another systematically.
- Encourage kids to practice worksheets on connecting dots regularly to improve their drawing skills.
- Assist kids if they find connecting the dots on the worksheets difficult.
- Use different themes to teach kids drawing.
- Ask kids to color the images once they connect the dots on the worksheets.
- Teach kids about the concept you want them to learn through connecting the dots printables.
- Provide flexible time for kids to connect the dots on the worksheets. This helps them to draw the images efficiently.
- Motivate kids to be better next time, even if they make mistakes while connecting the dots on worksheets of an image.
- Choose images with extensive borders for kids to have better visibility.
- Assign specific areas where kids can practice connecting the dots of the images comfortably.
- Teach kids about different shapes and patterns while practicing the worksheets.
Benefits of Worksheets to Improve Drawing Skills
How would connecting the dots printables help kids in drawing? It is extremely easy for kids to practice drawing and learning numbers and the alphabet. These worksheets help little ones who’ve just started to hold the pencils for writing or drawing. It makes it easier for them to connect the dots of an image and understand the shapes and patterns. Most importantly, it enhances the kids’ learning experience to develop creativity and imagination skills. The benefits of using worksheets for kids to learn drawing are mentioned below.
- It helps children count numbers and recite the alphabet while connecting the dots on the worksheets.
- It develops cognitive and fine motor skills in children.
- It enhances children’s hand-eye coordination and drawing skills in children.
- It helps children learn about the images they are drawing.
- It improves concentration, patience and perseverance in children.