The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the CDS exam for admission to the Indian Naval Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers Training Academy. CDS exam is divided into a Written Exam and SSB Interview. This exam is conducted twice a year. In order to prepare for this exam, candidates need to study from the NCERT books and other books recommended by the teachers.
We have tried to bring out some best books for CDS to bring out the excellent performance of the students.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2021
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
The question type would be objective, and you will get the questions in both English and Hindi Language.
UPSC CDS Marking Scheme
The marking scheme of the UPSC CDS exam is given below:
- For every incorrect answer, 1/3 (-0.33) marks would be deducted.
- Marking more than one option would be considered incorrect.
- No negative marking, If a question is left unanswered.
- +1 mark for each correct answer.
CDS 2021 Books for the English Language
The questions that can be asked from this section are from phrases, grammar, syntax, etc. thus, the candidates need a book that will enhance their grammar skills. The best books for grammar are to be considered-
- Objective General English- S.P. Bakshi (Arihant Publications)
- High School English Grammar & Composition- Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
You can solve the exercises of these books. It will help you build vocabulary and even your grammar skills.
CDS 2021 Books for General Knowledge
The general knowledge section can be the highest scoring section, you can easily score good marks provided that you have studied hard. The question that is generally asked is Geography, Politics, Awards, Sports, Economics, Current Affairs, Physics, Chemistry, etc.
The best books for General Knowledge are-
- General Awareness- Manohar Panday (Arihant Publications)
- Manorama Yearbook- Philip Mathew
- Pratiyogita Darpan (Magazines)- Pratiyogita Darpan Editorial Team
- Newspapers- Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times
CDS 2021 Books for Elementary Mathematics
The questions that can be asked from this section from your class 10th mathematics. The candidates need to study different topics like Geometry, Mensuration, Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, etc. The best books that can clear your concepts and doubts are-
- Mathematics for C.D.S.- R.S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations- R.S. Aggarwal
- Pathfinder for CDS- Arihant Publications
If you cleared the First Phase of the exam (CDS Written Exam), get more marks than the cut-off. You will appear in the Second Phase of the exam, i.e SSB Interview.
Second Phase: CDS Exam Pattern for SSB Interview
The SSB Interview for AFA, IMA, INA is for 300 marks each while for OTA, it is 200. The SSB Interview method is hosted at two stages. Candidates who had to qualify the stage I are allowed to appear in stage II. The details of both the stages are given below:
- Stage I includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) Tests & Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT)
- Stage II includes Interviews, Psychology Tests and conferences, Group Testing Officer Tasks,
The CDS Written exam can be cleared with the NCERT Books that you may find easily or you can borrow from a friend, also for a better preparation candidates can opt from the above-listed books for the CDS exam. You can start referring to these books to improve their chance of attaining success. If there is proper guidance in form of a teacher or a platform that can guide you properly would be a huge boost to your preparation, for that you can go with Byjus Exam Prep, which is considered one of the most trusted platforms for exam preparation.
Stay Connect with Education Blog & If you have an education blog than write for us education.