A filling restores the shape and function of a tooth that has been compromised by decay. Modern dental techniques and materials are providing more innovative options for creating a natural and attractive smile. Researchers are working to produce aesthetically appealing materials, like plastic and ceramic composites, that replicates the look of natural teeth. More people are showing their interest in the white fillings nowadays as they want natural-looking teeth whether they smile or talk.
White fillings are popularly known as composite fillings. As they are made of tooth-colored materials, they will help in restoring the natural appearance of your teeth. These white fillings generally require only one visit, and during the session, your tooth will be prepped and restored. However, it might take a little longer for the treatment when compared to the other filling types. During the procedure, your dentist will apply a very thin layer of tooth-colored composite. This process will be repeated several times immediately until the filling is hardened. A special light will be used during this process.
If you are looking for a reputed and experienced dentist Rancho Bernardo, visit the website of Hekmat Family Dentistry. This dental clinic is popular for various treatments such as tooth-colored fillings, pediatric dentistry, cleanings, etc. Check their patient reviews and you will understand how amazing their treatment would be. Their treatment cost is very affordable, which is why most people in the US choose their clinic for various dental problems.
Many people might think that these white fillings are costly when compared to the other dental materials, but it is not. Even though some dentists may charge high, nothing can beat the look of the white fillings. Just like the other dental materials, even the white fillings need to be replaced on a regular basis. It is always good to go for regular dental check-up post getting the treatment done as it helps in identifying the dental problems at the initial stage itself.
What are the benefits of white fillings?
- Non-Toxic: When it comes to the white fillings, they are non-toxic materials. This means they are completely safe when compared to metal fillings. As the metal fillings contain several metal alloys, they might trigger an allergic reaction, if you have metal allergies. The use of resin fillings has no negative consequences.
- Regain Confidence: As they give a natural appearance to your teeth, unlike silver or gold, which can be easily identified, they might look unattractive and unpleasant. With a more natural appearance comes confidence. In fact, you can regain your lost confidence with this type of fillings.
- More Stable: When it comes to a silver dental filling it necessitates the removal of a substantial quantity of enamel, which weakens your teeth and causes pain. White fillings can be placed with the least amount of enamel loss possible. This filling provides additional support to teeth affected by decay, allowing your remaining teeth to preserve their strength and structural integrity.
- More Durable: White fillings were often considered to be too weak for withstanding the pressure of chewing and grinding. White fillings performance and quality have increased with new technology. This means, they are more durable now. As they are resistant to cracking, they can be inserted anywhere in your mouth. More durable means, no need to turn around the dental clinics every now and then.
- Easily Repaired: If your fillings degrade due to excessive grinding or chewing, you don’t have to worry about them because they can be repaired by your dentist easily. All you have to do is make an appointment with your Rancho Bernardo dentist immediately when your filling falls out. You must also avoid eating to ensure that the affected tooth remains clean until you meet your dentist.
- Resistant To Temperature Changes: Silver fillings may contract or expand when they are exposed to cold or heat. Besides, this can cause weakness and cracks. As the composite or white fillings are resistant to changes in temperature due to their insulating properties, they would be your perfect choice.
- More Versatile: White fillings are a flexible answer to a variety of dental issues. They’re a terrific technique to restore teeth that are cracked, fractured, or chipped in addition to recovering decayed teeth.
- Reduces Sensitivity: Due to their insulating properties, composite fillings do not cause tooth sensitivity. If you are already suffering from sensitivity, they can reduce it to a great extent. Post getting the white fillings done, you may experience a little tooth sensitivity, but this lasts for only a few hours. If you experience this for a much longer time then you must contact your dentist to know what is causing the problem.
- Affordable: Composite or white fillings are more affordable than gold fillings, which is one of the reasons why most people choose them. As the white fillings are affordable, you really don’t have to think much about your budget.
Check which dental clinics in your location are more famous for white or composite fillings and choose the best from them by comparing the patient reviews and treatment cost.
Take the appointment with the best dentist Rancho Bernardo in your location today to make your teeth attractive!