You’d be amazed to know that your feet and ankles are astounding! They aren’t supposed to ache, at all, even after what we put them through, day in and day out. They keep us upright and moving for about 12,000 steps on a daily basis. So, if you find yourself a victim of any foot or ankle injury, don’t beat yourself up, as it’s pretty common. In America alone, half of the population is found complaining about such problems.
Don’t hesitate to consult an expert at times you experience severe ailment. DrSimaSoltani Podiatry Office will be of great assistance in your treatment. With an experience of more than two decades, she is the right choice when it comes to foot and ankle specialist Orange County. Book a consultation with the best podiatrist for any operation less treatment and your guide to the preventive measures you can take to avoid future mishaps. Contact info is as follows- Suite 101, 4330 Barranca PKWY, Irvine, CA 92604.
Podiatrists are doctors specializing in foot, lower limb and ankle study, diagnosis, disorders and their treatment. Also, they will be providing the required wound care Orange County. Not only would a podiatrist will be of aid after the problem, they also offer regular wellness checkup to allow you to be on top of your feet and ankle health. The expert shall treat the affected areas by prescribing following:
- Medication through drugs
- To go for physical therapy by a physiotherapist
- Recommending some inserts or soles- Orthotic
- In extreme cases, surgery on any less extremity fractures
A few of the very common foot problems might include- athlete’s foot, plantar warts, cracked heels, calluses, toenail fungus, excessive sweating, flat feet, corns, heel pain and so on.
Some of the common foot and ankle disorders:
- Achilles Tendonitis- The largest tendon in human body is Achilles’ tendonitis. It is a cord like structure at the back of the ankle joint. It gets thickened and undergoes degenerative changes causing inflammation and pain. It mostly happens to people playing sports like basketball, football, tennis and more.
- Achilles’ tendon rupture -If the Achilles tendon experiences a total tear, it will cause pain, restrict the movement and lessen the strength.
- Ankle Arthritis- It occurs from trauma, injection or autoimmune disease experienced in ankle joint due to breakdown of cartilage.
- Ankle Fracture- When one or both the bones (tibia or fibula) of ankle break. The surgical procedure is recommended when the fracture is not stable.
- Bunion Deformity- It is caused by a bump on the side of the toe joint. The problem experienced in this condition are – pain when wearing a shoe or while doing a physical activity like walking or running. The podiatrist will initially advise change of shoe gear, padding and orthoses. If that fails than the only way to treat it is by surgery.
- Cavovarus foot deformity- It is deformity when the foot has a unusually high arch and heels slant upwards. It is a neurological condition, causing pain and instability while walking or standing placing more weight on the ball and heel of foot.
- Hallux limitus- There is a stiffness experienced in the big toe joint, causing pain while walking. It is caused due to abnormal alignment of long bone at the back of big toe joint. The anti-inflammatory medicines will help lessen the pain, but using an orthotics will help in halt or slow further damage to the joint.
- Osteochondral defect of talus- This disorder happens mostly due to sprain in the ankle causing cartilage of ankle bone to break or bruise and may further lead to development of cyst on talus bone.
- Neuroma- It is also known as nerve tumor. It is a swelling of nerve which is because of compression or trauma. The treatment of this disorder consists of cortisone injections, orthotics and chemical destruction of nerve or even surgery. The cortisone injection is used first to decrease the swelling of the nerve.
What to expect while visiting a podiatrist?
You can expect a common medical procedure while visiting any OrangeCounty wound care. This includes, making use of a force plate or scanner through which they would get an idea of your orthotics. You will be asked to complete a series of tasks, designed to get clarity on your condition and its severity. The computer is a vital instrument here, as while scanning, it would judge the areas by showcasing weight distribution and different pressure points.
What is the recovery time?
Recovery time will be based entirely on the location and size of the wound. It can go up to a few months in extreme cases otherwise you are good to go in a few weeks’ rest.
While suffering from any sort of foot or ankle disorder, it is crucial to get a treatment right away. The consequences of putting off treatment can be dangerous.It can lead to chronic instability, pain, weakness and malunion. Getting the right treatment earlier can help in simpler procedure to cure the pain.