A warehouse needs an energetic staff but even the equipment matters because it will help them effectively accomplish routine tasks. Ramps, bumpers, shelters, seals, levelers, restraints, and pallet jacks are a few docking accessories and equipment. TopIndustries is a leading supplier of different types of pallet inverters. They even offer customization of an automated pallet flipper system suitable to your warehouse.
Handling and transfer
To move materials across the facility there is –
- Pallet jacks
- Lift trucks
- Hand trucks
- Scissor lifts
- Lift trucks
- Stackers and more
For high-density storage there are special designs like –
- In narrow-aisle warehouses, rail or wire-guided reach trucks allow for improved storage space.
- For stock storage, the AS&R [automated storage & retrieval] system is used. It applies vertical or horizontal carousels.
- Unpalletized goods like storage barrels and paper rolls are handled using customized forklift attachments.
Some warehouses install conveyor systems to transport the picked goods.
There are different conveyor types –
- Live roller
- Ball transfer
- Flexible & Temporary
- Walking beam
Every conveyor type has its distinct qualities. For example, for small loads the belt conveyors are great but for collecting machining trash magnetic conveyor system is the best.
When you choose a conveyor system then consider the following specifications.
- Load capacity per unit length
- Maximum load capacity
- Belt speed rate per minute [In feet]
- Throughput [volume per unit]
- Frame configuration
- Driving directions
- The order picking process is done simultaneously on multiple orders.
- Zone picking involves several pickers tasking in the same order for the next assembly.
- Unit load or pallet picking happens when the pallets are hauled up off racks.
- The piece/case picking process includes choosing individual items for repair part distributor or mail order catalog.
- The case-picking process separates cases of the same items in the warehouse.
Order picker forklifts allow raising the loaded pallet along with the operator up to a level for product racking. The process is called ‘Man Up’. Motorized or manual pallet inverters are often used for case picking in high-density warehouses.
For ergonomics, pallet positioners are used to stack palletized orders. Shrink wrap or bands are applied automatically or manually to secure the palletized cargoes and then transferred to loading docks.
Trailer leveling jacks, dock plates, air curtains, and dock seals are the equipment used to load the palletized goods in the trailer container. Automated restraints are used to contain the risk of the truck leaving the port while loading. Signals allow lift operators and truck drivers to communicate with one another.
Portable devices and mobile workstations are frequently used for efficient warehouse management like monitoring items and supplies moving across the facility. Warehouse workers roam across the house with portable devices and work with crucial pick lists. RFID tags and barcoding are used to make procedures efficient. Warehouse management software monitors the different processes including receiving, storing, picking, inventorying, and shipping.
Workplace safety is essential in a busy workhouse environment. Pickers need to wear proper PPE to avoid injuries from dropping, while manually handling. For more information on TopIndustries pallet exchange system safety, you can follow on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.